Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chriss232

Help with fix of error code 009

Does anyone know what the solution is? I've stayed at the same hotel a dozen times and a dozen times I was able to connect my roku to their Internet. Last night it would not work I cleared the cache I reset the unit shut the whole unit off and on I did everything that was suggested. I have no access to the hotel's router to reset that, Anybody have any ideas?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Joshufl85
Reel Rookie

Re: Help with fix of error code 009

Seems to be a known issue in the community that Roku has failed to provide a solution for the past couple of years. I get the same error on my public network at work which previously worked by requiring the “hotel prompt” connection process. The public network requires re-authentication every 24 hours which means I would need to reconnect via the “hotel prompt” every 24 hours. However the prompt only shows up intermittently despite doing multiple steps to reset the connection over and over again. In my opinion, Roku is way behind and basically becomes junk over time when your connection requires repeat “hotel/dorm”  authentication. Give Amazon devices a try. They seem to be much better suited for this particular issue and I never had a problem with them. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @chriss232,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. What Roku model device are you using? Have you tried connecting your device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if it will connect?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
ljmorch

I have changed to mobile hotspot and it works but would rather not rack up so much data I have a model 4660x roku ultra

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hi @ljmorch

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? How long has the issue been occurring?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos