Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erbie78
Level 7

Heavy buffering/dropping connection

I've been using the streaming stick for a couple months now with great satisfaction. In the last 24-48 hours it has started having connectivity issues. The signal is 'good' but it keeps saying it has networks errors or isn't connected to the internet. I've reset my router and modem as well as resetting the stick to factory settings and setting it up again to no avail. I just pulled the Express out of my kid's room and hooked it up in place of the stick and have absolutely no problems. Has my stick gone bad already?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
Erbie78
Level 7

Re: Heavy buffering/dropping connection

Follow up - hooked the stick up in the kid's room and it was fine. Back to the tv it was bought for and back to buffering. 

0 Kudos
Erbie78
Level 7

Follow up #2 - I switched HDMI ports and that seems to have solved the issue for now. Even thought they're right next to each other. 

0 Kudos
Erbie78
Level 7

And I spoke too soon. Back to doing it again. Swapped out for the time being. 

0 Kudos
Hughey99
Level 7

Was wondering if you ever got a solution for ur problem. I have the same problem but it’s only on certain channels. Seems to get better the longer it’s on. 

0 Kudos
Erbie78
Level 7

Not really.  I've come to the conclusion that there's just enough load bearing walls/stairways in direct line between this specific Roku and my router that it causes issues.  I decided to get a small wifi extender that plugs into the wall.  That helped, but about half the time I still have it hooked to the regular one.  Every now and then it gets wonky, and I switch the HDMI ports and that fixes it for a while.  I haven't had to do that for a few weeks now, so who knows.

0 Kudos
momofmaeby
Level 7

I have the same problem. We had no problems for months and now in the last month there is constant buffering! Some channels (Disney+ and Pluto esp.) more than others. (Netflix is totally fine). My phone or laptop in the same room can easily stream. I have reset many times. *sigh*

would the stick go bad? It’s less than 2 years old.

0 Kudos