Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hieunguyen
Level 7

Have to reboot Wireless router daily so Streambar Pro and Ultra will detect 5ghz

My Ultra and Streambar Pro suddenly does NOT see the 5ghz channel.  All my other devices do.  I have to reboot my router, and then my Roku sees it.  Then the next day it is starts all over.  I have made sure all updates are done on the Rokus and Router.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Have to reboot Wireless router daily so Streambar Pro and Ultra will detect 5ghz

Changer your router's 5GHz channel from "Auto" to a channel below 50 or above 150.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
hieunguyen
Level 7

Re: Have to reboot Wireless router daily so Streambar Pro and Ultra will detect 5ghz

Ok.  I am not savvy with that.   I do see how I can change it though.  Do I need to worry about it knocking anything off my network?  Other laptops or my Nest?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

It might temporarily knock them off the network for the channel switch, but they should all reconnect within seconds.  If they dont, a restart/reboot or WiFi reset for the device would fix it pretty quickly.

0 Kudos