Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Twenk261983
Level 7

Have roku on my phone and I need help changing on tv with phone

So I have roku down loaded to my phone for remote. I am trying to put new wifi information but it is saying I need to have the same wifi but I can't till I can change the wifi on my tv

0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Have roku on my phone and I need help changing on tv with phone

@Twenk261983 wrote:

So I have roku down loaded to my phone for remote. I am trying to put new wifi information but it is saying I need to have the same wifi but I can't till I can change the wifi on my tv

Am I interpreting you post correctly?  I think you're saying you are trying to set up your Roku's net connection by using the Roku app on your phone. 

If so, I'm sorry, but you can only use the the Roku app on your phone if the Roku is ALREADY connected to the same network that the phone is - otherwise the app has no way to connect to the Roku.

This means you'll have to have a physical remote that is compatible with your Roku.  Let us know your Roku model and model number (Settings > System > About) so we can advise.

One possible exception.  If you have not done a Factory Reset on you Roku, it is still trying to connect to your former net name (SSID) and password. If you can configure your router to use the same SSID and password as you had previously, your Roku should connect.  You'd then have to connect your phone to the same SSID and password to have the Roku app connect to your Roku.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos