Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mtenga
Reel Rookie

Harmony won’t find Roku

I have a Roku Streaming Stick+ plus and all was going well until recently. After not using the stick for a good while and changing to an Asus router my Harmony Elite remote will no longer find the Roku. Details follow:

1. Roku has an IP address, channel 35.

2. The Roku app can find and control the stick.

3. Both the stick and Harmony hub are on the same 2.4 GHz network.

4. Full reset of Roku made no difference.

5. Firmware up to date everywhere.

So all internet interaction and most local will work other than the fact that my Harmony no longer sees and therefore cannot control the stick, after having done so previously.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Harmony won’t find Roku

You say it's on 2.4GHz, but then you say it's on channel 35.  Channel 35 is 5GHz.  Do you have both available and some kind of isolation enabled between the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Mtenga
Reel Rookie

Yes the address is .35 which was auto assigned by the router.

Yes the Roku will only see the 2.4 GHz band, the 5 GHz does not show as available.

I have not created any isolation between bands unless the router has itself.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Mtenga wrote:

Yes the address is .35 which was auto assigned by the router.

Yes the Roku will only see the 2.4 GHz band, the 5 GHz does not show as available.

I have not created any isolation between bands unless the router has itself.

So you're saying the IP assigned to the Roku by your router ends in .35, not that it is using wifi channel 35.

I know nothing about Harmony remotes.  Are you able to configure it by inputting the target device IP directly?

As this appears to be a Harmony issue, you might get more knowledgeable help via Logitech's Harmony Troubleshooter page.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Mtenga
Reel Rookie

Yes the address assigned by the router ends .35.

No you can’t manually assign the address in Harmony, unlike in the Roku app itself.

0 Kudos
MarkC3

My TCL 65S525 Roku stopped working with Harmony hub and would not be recognized by Hub. I checked my Asus dualband router and saw that my Roku preferred connecting to 5G while Hub only connects on 2.4G. After trying everything else with no luck, I created separate WiFi networks and connected my TV to the 2.4G band. Harmony hub still did not recognize TV by scan, but I added the TV as an entertainment device and continued even though not recognized... then created an activity Watch TV... and everything worked perfectly... even though hub said it could not detect my TV. My issue seemed to be WiFi band related as well as TCL model not being detected by IP scan.

0 Kudos