Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brandi258

Had to change Wifi and can’t connect on tv

My internet provider came out to change our equipment which made the wifi information change.

My roku TV is still connected to the old WIFI, but my phone (with my remote app) is connected to the new. My TV won’t connect to my phone (because it’s no longer on wifi) so how do I connect it to wifi??

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Had to change Wifi and can’t connect on tv

@Brandi258 

Change your router's new wireless SSID credentials (the network name and password) to the old SSID creds you used with your other wifi and you should be able to connect again. (Roku remembers last successful connection).

Otherwise, if you have a RokuTV with an ethernet port, you can run an ethernet cable to router and use your mobile app to establish the new connection.  Then you can go back to wireless (wifi) after the initial connection is made.

If neither of the above can be done by you, then purchasing a Roku Voice Remote from Walmart, Best Buy, or Target is probably the quickest and easiest method to get you back up and running. (You can even purchase an inexpensive universal streaming remote that is compatible with your RokuTV from these same stores if you prefer.)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos