Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jessiye
Level 7

Had internet connection now I can't get it back

I have a Panasonic TV and we recently purchased a Roku. Worked great at first and connected to the internet no problem. All of a sudden it stopped connecting to the internet all together. Went and bought another Roku thinking something was wrong with the first one and this one's not picking up on any wireless internet connection at all. Our internet is working. My wifi on all the phones and computer are connected no problem. But it's not showing up on the TV. The Roku and wifi modem are in the same room just across the room from each other so I assume they are close enough. Anyone know how how to fix this? Appreciate any help!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Had internet connection now I can't get it back

Any time I've had wifi connection problems, including ones where all my other devices connected without issue, they've been fixed by first restarting the wifi router, then when the router comes back up, restarting the Roku. You may then need to set up your wifi connection again. iI really don't understand why this helps, but it has worked for me several times.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos