Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired78

HDMI on tv not working-can I connect ROKU using components on TV?

HDMI not working as cable/TV was hit by a storm. Components still work, is there a way to connect a ROKU without using the HDMI cables, or do I need to get a new TV?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: HDMI on tv not working-can I connect ROKU using components on TV?

It doesn’t matter if it’s a Blu-ray player, DVD player or a Roku. They need to connect via HDMI. If your tv has AV cable setup then you could use an HDMI switch. So none of your HDMI ports work? 

0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

Although there are boxes that convert HDMI to coomponent/svideo/scart-peritel, it is very hit and miss if they will work (digital rights protection/anti copying part of HDMI).

If you don't have any working HDMI, for any external device,  then new TV needed. Smiley Sad

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
Retired78

Thanks-

0 Kudos
Retired78

Thanks

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Retired78  Pick yourself up a Roku TV. They are made by companies such as TCL, ONN, Sharp or Hisense. Also always be sure that any electronic device is plugged into a surge protector especially when you’re talking about a TV

0 Kudos