Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marywork
Reel Rookie

Got it! Advanced answer to connection problem

After an Internet outage my Roku wasn’t connecting to the Internet despite connecting to a hotspot (when tried) and having excellent strength, and rebooting it several times… The individual needs to go into the router settings… Click on advanced settings and change the 2.4 ghz back to “802.11 b,g,n”
It will connect after you save the settings. 

12 REPLIES 12
jwjckc
Channel Surfer

Re: Got it! Advanced answer to connection problem

Where is "router settings"?  (My router doesn't come with a screen...I think that's typical, maybe not)

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @jwjckc

Thanks for the post.

If you need help modifying your router settings, we would recommend reaching out to your internet service provider. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jwjckc
Channel Surfer

I was responding to the original post.  The instructions probably are easy enough to follow, but I don't know how to "go into router settings".  Is that a website or what???

0 Kudos
jwjckc
Channel Surfer

Thanks.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@jwjckc, who is your ISP (Internet service provider)?  What's the model number of your router written on it somewhere?  There's usually a sticker on a router provided by your ISP that will give an IP address (e.g., http://192.168.0.1) and a user name and password.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jwjckc
Channel Surfer

My isp is provided by the landlord.  It's  Xfinity.  I see a password on the router but I can't tell what the username is. Are you offering to hack into their server and fix it for me or...?  Not sure why you would want all this information...Or are these questions you're asking for me to answer internally?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@jwjckc, I wanted that information to offer help, but it sounds like you don't want any.  I'm out.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jwjckc
Channel Surfer

Ok..

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jwjckc

Thanks for the posts.

As stated previously in this thread, if you need help modifying your router settings, we would recommend reaching out to your internet service provider. They would best be able to assist you with making changes to your router settings.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos