Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike1974
Level 7

First model of Roku, can not connect to internet

Hello - I have an old Roku.  Small black box with analog output only.  I can not connect to the internet.  I last used this Roku about 3 years ago.  Ive tried a factory reset and called my internet provider.  Last tim this happened I called Roku and they got it working.  I cant speak to support and Im not certain they give support for my model.

Pleas help, and thank you

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Mike1974
Level 7

Re: First model of Roku, can not connect to internet

Hi there, still no connection.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Mike1974
Level 7

I am getting "Try again Code 014"

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

It's probably more trouble than it's worth as that model is no longer supported and won't receive any updates.  You can try some of these suggestions:

https://support.roku.com/article/208755728

0 Kudos
Mike1974
Level 7

Thank You!

0 Kudos
Mike1974
Level 7

It worked using the modem cable.  But now my channel store is gone, netflix is gone, and I can't connect to Amazon.

So I cant use it for much.  Online my account says I installed all these channels, but I dont see them on the roku homescreen.

Any one know how to solve this?  Without buying a new Roku..

0 Kudos
C_I
Level 12

@Mike1974 wrote:

It worked using the modem cable.  But now my channel store is gone, netflix is gone, and I can't connect to Amazon.

So I cant use it for much.  Online my account says I installed all these channels, but I dont see them on the roku homescreen.

Any one know how to solve this?  Without buying a new Roku..

Unfortunately there's no  other choice except to get a new or reconditioned later version Roku. Otherwise, its incompatible . 

0 Kudos
Mike1974
Level 7

ok thanks

0 Kudos