Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mccor1hk
Level 7

Find MAC address

In the apartment complex I live in, all devices have to be registered to my account in order to access Wi-Fi. To do this I need my Roku Express MAC address but cannot find it anywhere. I cannot go to setting and look it up until I am connected to the internet. The MAC address is also not printed anywhere on the device itself or box. How can I find the MAC address without connecting to the internet first?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
renojim
Level 21

Re: Find MAC address

This is from memory, but when you try to connect to Wi-Fi and it fails, doesn't it offer some suggestions like adding your MAC address to your router?  If that's true, I would assume it shows you the address.  If my memory is totally worthless (which it very well could be), the next suggestion is to use your phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot just to get through the initial setup.  Then you can get the MAC address from the Settings menu.

0 Kudos