Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Randy033

Fiber Wireless Internet will not connect

I just got fiber optic internet and now my Roku Express won't recognize the network login. I am sure the password is correct. My smart TV is connected just fine. My internet service provider says that Roku must update the VLAN tagging 201 under the WAN. My limited experience with that says AN is area network, W is wide but from there I am lost. Furthermore there is a black hole when trying to contact Roku about this. Can anyone help me?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Re: Fiber Wireless Internet will not connect

You didn't mention your ISP. I have fiber too. My ISP is Verizon.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Fiber Wireless Internet will not connect

@Randy033 

I believe CenturyLink uses VLAN id 201.  This is normally handled by the CenturyLink router (it communicates with the fiber ONT).  If you are using your own router (or your own switch), you will need to verify that your router supports "IP tagging/IP Internet Tagging"  These settings are normally under Advanced Settings or LAN settings.  This is where you set the port for IP Tagging to 201.  

----

At first glance, kind of doubt this is your issue though since this should have been performed when you received your fiber and setup by your ISP.  These issues with tagging normally arise when people swap out their routers or network equipment for their own preferred devices or have an issue with their service.

I think the first thing I would look at is to verify the 2.4ghz band is enabled and working.  Then try changing your password to a new simple password for testing. (No special characters, just numbers or letters).  Then restart both the router and Roku and see if you can connect.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102