Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesAndersonJr
Binge Watcher

Feature Request: WiFi 6 (802.11 AX) In 2020 Roku Ultra

Feature Request: WiFi 6 (802.11 AX) In 2020 Roku Ultra

9 REPLIES 9
notagain
Reel Rookie

Re: Feature Request: WiFi 6 (802.11 AX) In 2020 Roku Ultra

It does not seem like people understand what low end WiFi devices do to their internet speed. At least the 2.4GHz should be replaced with 5 GHz. That helps.

smilinjack
Reel Rookie

I have wifi 6, but my tv's have roku wifi 5....that is the bottleneck speed...when will Roku offer wifi 6?

smilinjack
Reel Rookie

Just to let you know....Amazon Firestick now has WiFi 6.......why hasn't Roku have it?

IanHowe
Reel Rookie

Wifi 6 (802.11 AX) will certainly help I have Google Fiber using a wifi 6 wireless router, the network port should be 1 gigabit too. 

OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Roku has a feature request forum here. Suggest a Feature | Roku Community | Roku

0 Kudos
IanHowe
Reel Rookie

I was going to stream with an apple tv 4k because it has wifi 6, a gigabit ethernet port and the HDMI port is 2.1, I don't want to leave roku. Add this stuff.

BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

@IanHowe @You do realize you only need 25 Mbps to stream in 4K right? Nothing at all requires 1GB internet speed for home users. Even if a Roku was able to get 800 Mbps speed test you would not notice any difference between that and a 40 Mbps while streaming in 4K. 

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

The good news is that you don't need gigabit to stream anything across the internet. Wireless AX has maximum line speed of 1.2 gigs a second, don't forget that WiFi is half duplex, so that means 600 mega bits a second with a really strong connection to the router on a speed test. 

notagain
Reel Rookie

It's about 5Ghz my friend. Eliminating legacy 2.4Ghz devices on your network!! And Yes, I can Laptop at 700Mbps. That's not for everybody. 

0 Kudos