Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gkata
Level 7

Fast wave does not work

I am at a campground and have subscribed to an open Wi-Fi network called Fastwave. The SS ID shows up when I try to connect my Roku TV, but there is no option for me to enter my password to get my Fastwave account operational. In order to set up my other devices like laptop, I would Wi-Fi into Fastwave and then use my browser to see Fastwave’s opening page and then enter the password so the rest of the Internet can function on it. How do I do this on my Roku TV or other Roku devices?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Fast wave does not work

You need to be able to use a web browser to log into such networks and the Roku has no provisions for a browser.  In current devices, Roku has added a feature called "Hotel & Dorm Connect" to solve this problem.  I can't find a definitive list of older units supporting this, but I see it was added to Roku operating system version 8 in late 2017, so I'd guess it would be present on any unit running version 8 or later (Settings > System > About).

Roku article on Hotel & Dorm Connect

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos