Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: FAQ: Networking 101 and your Roku Player

Thanks for informations...
0 Kudos
Seasonz
Level 7

Nice informative post here Smiley Wink
cheap hoodies
0 Kudos
ThoMacy
Level 8

Looks like this thread has been dormant for a while. But perhaps someone still watching might have an idea that helps me. There seems to be a problem with the way the ROKU Premiere handles wireless router passwords/security. When I set my wireless LinkSys router to no security, everything appears to work perfectly on my 2 ROKU Premier devices. BUT, with the router set to WPA2-PSK security, Connecting the ROKUs to the router is difficult. (See post at https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Error-014-40-on-Premiere/m-p/523957...). Then, once connected, the wireless connection is lost on ROKU device restarts.  I can't run with no security on my router. Any solution to this problem would be appreciated. I've tried the common solutions found elsewhere in the ROKU Community website.

0 Kudos