Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Express plus will not stay connected to internet

MY Roku express was working great for months now it connects and disconnects from internet several times during a 20 minute show.  I have done factory reset, network resets, turned it off and on. Pushed the little reset button on the back and had the router reset.  All other devices work great but not the roku.  Guessing there is an issue with the product.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Express plus will not stay connected to internet

@LonnieS 

Thanks for the post.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Can you please answer the following so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing?
- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About along with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Express plus will not stay connected to internet

It  connects to the internet and shows excellent signal strength. Once I start steaming it cuts out for seconds or minutes then says not connected to internet. Then pops back on or kicks me out of the streaming. Channel altogether.  I am currently trying the placement of the express box by moving it.  It was working perfectly then about a month ago started having issues.

0 Kudos