Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ACH83
Level 7

Express connectivity on network

LG Smart TV

Roku Express

I’m living in an extended-stay apartment/hotel. I’m using their WiFi to connect and have been using it since I got this device. In the past when I had to reconnect the device to their WiFi it worked perfectly. Now it doesn’t work at all. It won’t even let me connect to it’s own **bleep**ing network using it’s password. I enter the password and it doesn’t work anymore. I’ve tried it on my phone and IPad.

And yes, I’ve followed the stupid on screen instructions when trying to connect to my apartment/hotel’s WiFi.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
boogernose
Level 18

Re: Express connectivity on network

HAHA

They probably have a ton of people on their connection.

If you have a good or unlimited data plan on your smart phone

maybe you can investigate using it as a Hotspot.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Express connectivity on network

@ACH83 

Thanks for the inquiry.

As @boogernose mentioned, we would recommend trying to connect to an alternate wireless connection, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are able to connect.

Check out some wireless troubleshooting tips on our Support page here: Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku® streaming device

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos