Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmjones29
Level 7

Express / Premiere - Can not find my wireless network

Jump to solution

Absolutely NO PROBLEM with my wireless service - phones, laptops, Alexa can all find it with no issue.  Why can't the Roku?  Sometimes it finds it and connects but most of the time it does not.  Wireless router is in the same room with no other device having issues so the problem is with the Roku. (I even tried a different TV and cable!)

My biggest issue is the complete lack of customer service for this issue.  Can't get a live person. Going to Amazon to get a firestick to replace this piece of hot garbage after I leave a creatively worded Yelp review. Smiley Sad 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Express plus can not find my wireless

Jump to solution

@Sparkie19 Thanks for reaching out! Roku Express devices are only compatible with 2.4 GHz wireless b/g/n networks, as denoted in the product specifications. If your wireless router isn't broadcasting a 2.4GHz wireless network, this may explain the behavior you're seeing. Your ISP or your wireless router manufacturer can help you adjust settings accordingly to enable that functionality, if need be, which should clear up the issue. 

Keep us posted if you have any other questions that we can help answer! 

Cheers,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
21 Replies
Sparkie19
Level 7

Jump to solution

Having exactly the same issues, except it never connects, other devices find the router without any issues. Roku’s support for this problem is non-existent, no actual customer support at all, just relying on other users to sort out their problems for them! Rubbish!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I've used 2 Roku TVs and 4 various players over the years with as many different wireless routers. I've taken my Stick to hotels and guesthouse AirBnBs etc. Never had a problem connecting them. Either you've a dud and should replace it, or there is a wireless issue in your home would be my guess (I realize you said that there isn't but there's not much info to go on in your post). Make no mistake, that sucks and I empathize with those sorts of issues, but 'hot garbage' yelp review talk is a little over the top. It's a piece of consumer electronics. Sometimes there are problems.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@Sparkie19 Thanks for reaching out! Roku Express devices are only compatible with 2.4 GHz wireless b/g/n networks, as denoted in the product specifications. If your wireless router isn't broadcasting a 2.4GHz wireless network, this may explain the behavior you're seeing. Your ISP or your wireless router manufacturer can help you adjust settings accordingly to enable that functionality, if need be, which should clear up the issue. 

Keep us posted if you have any other questions that we can help answer! 

Cheers,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@jmjones29 Thanks for the note. We are here to help! Have you tried restarting both your wireless network and the Roku device to see if this helps? If not, please send me a private message with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll help get you in touch with our support team for further assistance from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD wrote:

To be fair, the poster noted that "sometimes it connects". If his router was only broadcasting 5Ghz this would not be possible, the Roku Express wouldn't even see the network to connect ever.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@chickentender wrote:

@RokuTannerD wrote:

To be fair, the poster noted that "sometimes it connects". If his router was only broadcasting 5Ghz this would not be possible, the Roku Express wouldn't even see the network to connect ever.

@chickentender Thanks for the observation! That comment, however, was directed at Sparkie19, not at the OP. I have addressed the OP separately in my subsequent comment. 

Intermittent wireless connection issues would require different troubleshooting. Our support article here is a great place to start: https://support.roku.com/article/213122277-tips-for-improving-the-wireless-connection-to-your-roku-s...

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD wrote:

Thanks for the observation! That comment, however, was directed at Sparkie19, not at the OP. I have addressed the OP separately in my subsequent comment. 
Ah. I see that now. It was that comment which was marked as the Solution for the thread and pinned below the OP. Confused me a bit. Cheers. Good luck all.
0 Kudos
jvernon
Level 7

Roku wont pick up Network

Jump to solution

My daughters Roku wont pick up her Network. Yes, I have restarted, yes I have unplugged, yes I have moved closer, yes I have rebooted router. Her service provider is Spectrum. Help?

[post moved to appropriate board]

0 Kudos
jvernon
Level 7

Re: Roku wont pick up Network

Jump to solution

Its Roku 4+ premier

0 Kudos