Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won’t find Network

Jump to solution

The house I live at has two network connections and the one my Roku was connected to all of a sudden doesn’t connect properly. My other electronics (phone and tablet) all have the network I need to connect to visible and when I introduced a new device to my house, that network showed up. I factory restarted the Roku, but the network still isn’t visible. Using the private network option doesn’t work either. I don’t have access to the modem and router for a prolonged period of time...please help anyone! =)

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Won’t find Network

Jump to solution

Try going into the Roku Settings menu and find the Network Reset function. I don't have a Roku handy at the moment to tell you exactly where it is, but I think it's under the System/Advanced system settings menu. This removes all network settings and can clear a corrupted entry from the list. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Roku wont pick up Network

Jump to solution

Try resetting the Network settings in the Roku. This is done in the Settings menu, and going from memory I think it's under the system/advanced system settings. 

Not certain which Roku you have. There's a Roku 4, a Roku Premiere (more than one version) and Premiere+. Please look for your model number in the Settings/About menu and provide it here, please. Some Roku devices are dual band WiFi, while others are single band. If your wireless is 5 GHz and your Roku doesn't support it, then you'll never see the network.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
bsleath
Level 7

Internet connection

Jump to solution

I have 2 different roku units which I have brought with me to Portugal. Both work fine in Canada but neither will recognize the wireless router that is sitting a foot away although all my other devices do see it. Any suggestions? Thanks

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Internet connection

Jump to solution

@bsleath  Please see the solution in this thread for more information. It's likely that wireless router is not broadcasting a 2.4GHz wireless network. You'll need to adjust the configuration of the router accordingly to get connected. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Joe2Go50
Level 7

Replaced Roku 2 with Express+ but now cannot connect to my wifi

Jump to solution

I just got a new Roku Express+. Trying to connect to wifi I get a message that it cannot connect even though I checked the password about 4 times. The message suggests that my router may be blocking the port and suggests adding a MAC number that it gives me. I have no idea how to do this. Please help.

0 Kudos
xgnrivers
Level 7

Roku cant fine network

Jump to solution
My roku express can fine my neighbors network but cant find mine, when i do manual set up it still doesnt shows Up help!!!
0 Kudos
sandysot
Level 7

Re: Express plus can not find my wireless

Jump to solution

I had the same issue.My roku and other devices work fine by wire, my computers, but not my wireless connection to my  Roku. Turns out I have all solid concrete walls throughout the home, so either I buy wifi- range extenders or go cheap and drill holes to pull a wired connection to my Roku box. Ichose to drill and run a cat 6 internet wire connection. Small price to pay for fully wired Roku in thee rooms.

Sugar Boy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alirae92
Level 7

Roku premiere not recognizing any Wi-Fi networks

Jump to solution

I have had my roku premiere for 5 months now and just had to factory reset it. Now when it came back on it isn't recognizing any Wi-Fi networks. What do I do?

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos
Rowe_steven
Level 7

Roku can’t identify any networks even though it’s in the same room as the router.

Jump to solution
So, I’ve had my roku for months with no issues. Out of nowhere last night it dropped the signal and when I try to reconnect it says no networks found. My device is in the same room as my router. Every other product in my house can connect to my router and I even called Spectrum to see if the issue could have been on there end. I have a chrome cast and a fire stick at opposite ends of the house and those connect as well. I’ve done everything the posts have asked me to do, reset network setting through the advanced settings and even factory reset my device. The device is only about 6 months old.
0 Kudos