Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndrewEscobar
Level 7

Express Connection to WIFI problems?

I have owned a Roku Express for over a year now and have not changed its location in my house since I purchased it.  I began to notice streaming issues when using Amazon Prime a couple of weeks ago and when I checked my WIFI connection it was described as poor.  It had always been Excellent before.  The Express is located 25 ft from the router in the same room.  I have a Streaming stick in another room located on an upper floor about the same distance from the router which shows the WIFI connection as Excellent.  I have moved the Express to within 10ft of the router and changed wifi channel from 11 to 6 with no improvement.  I have also factory reset the Express with no change.  I think the problem may be due to the software upgrade that took place 05 September because the Express was working well before then.  Is anyone else having the same issue or know of a solution I haven't tried yet

0 Kudos
3 Replies
monica412
Level 7

Re: Express Connection to WIFI problems?

Iam also for the past 2 months! never had an issue before. In hopes that someone at Roku can answer 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 21

I've run into this here several times.  This has always worked for me:

• Restart your router (even if other devices have no problem finding and connecting).
  • Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart (for a Roku TV it's Settings > System > Power > System restart)
  • Find and connect to your network via Settings> Network > Set up connection

If that doesn't fix it, try disconnecting the power to your Roku for a few seconds.  When it comes back up, see if you then can set up the network connection.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
monica412
Level 7

That did not fix the issue . i actually reset and still disconnect through usage. it’s annoying. i think it’s the express product. i have the original stick and hD no no issues. i’m just going to see if i can return it since i have the warranty on it. i never had issue before 

0 Kudos