Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express 3900X no longer connects to WiFi

@jj71787 

Thanks for the note.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will be able to follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Express Cannot connect to Internet

I've had my Roku Express for 7 months now.  Yesterday I lost internet connection to my device.  Spoke to my internet provider and they did a Factory reset on the modem.  Changed password and have a strong signal.  Still cannot connect to internet.  Please help. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Options avail Roku Express 3900 suddenly would not connect, tried everything

I had tried everything but failed to get any signal from my Wifi recently. My Roku was well a weak before,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Options avail Roku Express 3900 suddenly would not connect, tried everything

@Ahsan33 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing with your device connecting to your wireless network.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Cannot connect to Internet

@asteuart1963 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have been trying to connect my wifi to the 3900X - Roku Express all morning and it has not been working.  All of my other devices are connected except the roku.  Can I have any help??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

WIFI connection/speed issues?!

1) Only took a few days for my Express+ to start screwing up. Reports "No internet" then "Internet OK"      
2) Reports "30Mbps download" while Speedtest says "111.17 Mbps" That's about the same, right?
3) Roku just sold me unit - so "pleasantly surprised" [NOT] by ""Agent-assisted support is not available.."     
4) Never had any bandwidth (jargon alert!) issues with ethernet-connected Roku 2XS I replaced -- so much for Roku "upgrade"
5) Cannot imagine why only [slower] 2.4GHz channel compatible ... for streaming HD video?!

---  Apologiies for garbaged formatting; Forum bot announced "invalid HTML found" (there was, of course, NONE) and then deformatted my text!  ARGGGGH!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: WIFI connection/speed issues?!

@jerswing wrote:

5) Cannot imagine why only [slower] 2.4GHz channel compatible ... for streaming HD video?!

Streaming video online is not a very high bitrate. Most providers (Netflix, Prime, Vudu) top out with 4K at only 16 Mbps. 2.4 GHz is more than enough for that. Even the older 802.11g, which maxed out at 54 Mbps is plenty. 802.11n on 2.4 GHz is usually rated at least 150 Mbps, with more expensive router and NIC hardware capable of 300 Mbps. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos