Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Options avail Roku Express 3900 suddenly would not connect, tried everything

@DSquared @morrisklpitt 

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Can you please answer the following so I can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:
- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with the answers to the above, your Roku account email address, and serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Express Connection to WIFI problems

I am having the same issues as well. No matter where I move it, it will not connect to the internet. It has always worked completely fine with full connection in the spot it is in currently. Restarted my router and Roku several times nothing will fix the issue, which there should not be one, there has never been one before. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Options avail Roku Express 3900 suddenly would not connect, tried everything

I tried to PM you, but the site is saying your username doesn’t exist. I also tried calling customer support line and can not get threw. I have done everything in your list and nothing has worked. My roku has been down like this for 2 days now. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

It is now reading my WiFi as full strength, but once it goes to connect it says failed because of low signal strength. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Kaylamburgey 

Thanks for the note.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Roku Express 3900X no longer connects to WiFi

Hello. Am a big Roku fan with a half dozen of the devices deployed to screens all over my home. I even use a couple of the Express+ models to send TV programming to a pair of old-timey CRT TV sets -- great for watching old TV shows. But my problem today is with with one of my HDMI-only Express models. After working perfectly for a few months, it will no longer connect to WiFi at all. I've read this can happen.

Is there a way to replace it under warranty? I bought some of my Roku devices from Amazon and some from Walmart, but frankly I have no idea where this particular one came from. Packaging has been discarded.

Can I get some help? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express 3900X no longer connects to WiFi

@thevideojunkie 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having the same issue. The network says poor, it will stream for about an hour then it will give me the white spinning circle and the video will jump back about 30 seconds, play for about 20 seconds and then it will stop. 

I have mesh routers and one of the routers is 5 feet away, maybe less, from the roku. 

Other devices in that room work perfectly fine. Not sure of the issue but it's frustrating not being able to watch anything and the device was not cheap.

If anyone has had any luck please let me know the steps you took.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@jj71787 

Thanks for the note.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

We would also recommend trying the troubleshooting steps provided on our Support page here: Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku® streaming device

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R 

I tried these steps. On other devices I am getting 100 MBps but with the roku it used to say poor signal. I disconnected my wifi from roku and trying reconnecting only to be told it can't connect to my wifi

0 Kudos