Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Express Connection to WIFI problems

Hola Buenas, mi roku esta nuevo de un mes y todo estaba bien y de la nada no me encuentra ninguna señal de wifi, que puedo hacer?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with the responses of the above questions along with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with the responses of the above questions along with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

@RokuDanny-R I have a Roku Express 3700 which stopped working (can't connect to wifi) a few days ago. I've spent an enormous amount of time trying to research/resolve the issue (including your suggestions across several boards here). Nothing has worked. My Question: Is my device one that Roku recently rendered obsolete? I ask b/c I saw numerous reviews for the new Roku Stick in which customers said Roku had notified them via email that their devices would soon be "unsupported" and that Roku was offering them the option to purchase an upgrade for only $10. I checked and didn't receive such an email. So, is my device one that no longer works no matter what I try? If so, how can I purchase the upgrade at the discounted rate? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Level 21

@IDontgiveuhfk wrote:

@RokuDanny-R I have a Roku Express 3700 which stopped working (can't connect to wifi) a few days ago. I've spent an enormous amount of time trying to research/resolve the issue (including your suggestions across several boards here). Nothing has worked. My Question: Is my device one that Roku recently rendered obsolete? I ask b/c I saw numerous reviews for the new Roku Stick in which customers said Roku had notified them via email that their devices would soon be "unsupported" and that Roku was offering them the option to purchase an upgrade for only $10. I checked and didn't receive such an email. So, is my device one that no longer works no matter what I try? If so, how can I purchase the upgrade at the discounted rate? Thanks. 

@IDontgiveuhfk 

The Express is not a discontinued player. Roku has dropped support for the first couple of generations of players, mostly dating from 2012 and older. Your Express 3700 was released in October 2016, and is still supported. I'm assuming you've attempted a full factory reset with no resolution. After that, there's really not much else to try. Since it doesn't offer an Ethernet connection, there's no way fro Roku to connect remotely to your player to troubleshoot. Sadly, it might just be a goner. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@IDontgiveuhfk 

Thanks for the inquiry.

I have sent you a private message and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku disconnecting from WiFi

I’ve had my Roku for about a year and never had any problems with it up until a few days ago. It started constantly disconnecting from my WiFi multiple times throughout me using it. I’ve had to either wait for it to connect again on its own or connect it myself. Nothing has changed for it suddenly start having this issue. How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Express Won't Connect to Network

I'm having,the same issue. Ive tried everything, router, moving,ut closer, my connection is good, all devices work fine. I was watching,Monday night football and it just stopped working. It cant find any network, nithing. I feel it has a malfunction ans everone just,keeps saying in plug it and plug it back it back in, ive tried that, ive tried everything. I have,my product id and,mac address, please help. 

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku disconnecting from WiFi

@Naninyamilet 

Thanks for the inquiry.

I have reached out to you through private message and will continue to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express Won't Connect to Network

@Maynjay19 

Can you please answer the following so I can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with the answers to the above, your Roku account email address, and serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Mine says the wireless connection is excellent but the internet speed is poor, I get a green check for the wireless and a red x for the internet. My service provider came out and there is nothing wrong with the WIFI. It seems impossible to get any help from the RoKU people. 

0 Kudos