Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Suddenly dropping connection to wifi

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About and I'll get you in touch with our support team for more assistance.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
MCC
Level 7

NO INTERNET

Our Roku Express was working fine until we experienced a power outage.  Now we have a wireless connection but no Internet.  We have tried everything and nothing works.  We even spent hours with our cable provider to get us connected but nothing worked.  The password is correct and other devices are connected to the Internet.  I even tried deactivating my account and reopening it....no pass code showed for that.  Please help.  I sure wish there was a direct line to talk to someone about it.

Mary

[post merged with already existing thread]

MoomaQ
Level 7

Re: NO INTERNET

I didn’t even lose power. I switched my stick to a different tv and now can’t connect it to my home network. I hope this issue gets resolved soon. I have restarted everything with no luck.

0 Kudos
Danuel
Level 7

Aparantlly.no.mater.wath..internet.is.nesesary.for.this..roku.to.work
0 Kudos
MCC
Level 7

@Danuel...The Internet works for my computers, Iphones and Ipad....same wifi connection and password used for them.  It just doesn't work for Roku.  So frustrating!

0 Kudos
DGough
Level 7

Express Connection to WIFI problems

Same problem as everyone else after the recent update the WiFi will no longer connect to my tri-band router int this same room. Please help!!!!!
0 Kudos
mrrogers101
Level 8

Re: Express Connection to WIFI problems

I tried adding an Express today. Connected to Wifi at turn on and then tried to update the software. It bricked itself and could no longer connect to Wifi. Got another unit and it did exactly the same. I had a Premiere running for some time just fine and it developed the same problem with connecting to the Wifi.
I have 3 Ultras running and they are just fine. They all can connect via hardwire or Wifi. Looks like it could be a corrupted update from Roku.

Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@mrrogers101 

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express and Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About and I'll get you in touch with our support team for more assistance.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
pugaholic68
Level 7

My Roku was working fine last night, this am it will not connect to my home internet.  Have rebooted everything.  Roku will connect to my phones hotspot but not my home internet.  I would love for the moderator to advise..

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

@pugaholic68 wrote:

My Roku was working fine last night, this am it will not connect to my home internet.  Have rebooted everything.  Roku will connect to my phones hotspot but not my home internet.  I would love for the moderator to advise..

The mods won't be here until Monday. In the meantime, please confirm what model Roku you have. Model number please, not the name. Roku has a nasty habit of using the same name on multiple devices. Smiley Happy

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos