Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Express Connection to WIFI problems

Have you sent a PM to @RokuTannerD ? He's here to help, but probably will want some info from you.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
kixersl
Level 7

My Roku Express cannot locate a wireless signal in my house. My other Roku devices are fine. How does one solve this issue or get a hold of anyone at Roku?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CBay @kixersl 

Hi there,  

If you're having trouble connecting to your wireless network on a Roku Express device, you'll want to first confirm that your wireless network is broadcasting a 2.4GHz wireless network. Express models are only compatible with 2.4GHZ wireless b/g/n networks. Your ISP or router manufacturer can assist you with this. 

If you've confirmed that your network is broadcasting the correct network type, and you still are having difficulties, we'd recommend following the steps outlined here to help improve your connection: https://support.roku.com/article/213122277-tips-for-improving-the-wireless-connection-to-your-roku-s...

Changing the wireless broadcast channel on your wireless router, to one not in use by other networks around you, can often help eliminate wireless interference and help resolve connection issues. If you need more help from there, please feel free to send @RokuDanny-R or myself a private message, and we can help get you in touch with our support team for more assistance. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
CBay
Level 8

So, basically, what I am hearing is.....Roku updated their "system" and now everybody pretty much has been screwed over with their internet connection failing.  And Roku hasn't figured out the 'true fix' to over ride it.  Does anybody else see this?

I've never had an issue with my Roku device, which I've had for almost two years.  Then, right after Roku does this "update", we all end up with "no signal", or "internet not connected" issues.  Need to find a way to "erase" the update and go back to how our Roku performed before the update.  I know you can do it to a computer with a "reset from previous date".  Does anybody know how to do this to the Roku and we go back to the date prior to the "update"?

Smith79
Level 7

Suddenly dropping connection to wifi

Hi. We have had our Roku express for a couple of months. No problems and now dropping connection all the time takes ages to get it connected again. Nothings changed in terms of Internet. I'd appreciate any advice. I have done all the re boots etc reccomended on line.

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos
Girlzoom
Level 7

Re: Suddenly dropping connection to wifi

Hi, I have the exact same issue with my Roku Express.!
I tried calling support but only received an automated response directing me to troubleshooting which I have also done all of the suggestions.
0 Kudos
Etrigan77
Level 7

I am also getting this with my 3900eu  Roku Express. I am a network engineer by trade so will be bringing a signal strength tester home tomorrow to rule out my network. With actual line of sight to my router at a distance of around 5m I should have excellent signal. 

My guess is this is a bug since the last firmware update. 

0 Kudos
Etrigan77
Level 7

I just a test with Netspot on my laptop and I have a -50dBm signal for 2.4ghz where the Roku is... this is clearly NOT an issue with the actual wifi signal... this is a very strong signal. I am aware that an RSSI is based on the aerial in your device but still, it is a guide. 

There are no other networks within range (neighbors houses etc) but just for fun I tried changing the channel from 1 to 11... no difference. 

It also didn't do this prior to the firmware update on the 5th November!!!!  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Ccarpenter
Level 7

Express not connecting to Home wireless

My home wireless is working because we are connected on other devices. My Roku Express has not been connecting and has been freezing up. I have tried soft resets and now have tried a hard reset. So now It still will not connect to the home wireless. (It’s fiber optic)

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos
Etrigan77
Level 7

I brought a Fluke Aircheck home from work... I have a SNR of 40db (which is brilliant) and a signal of -40dBm (which is also brilliant) 

The Fluke can detect both wireless AND non wireless interferance and their isn't any. Tried channel 1 6 and 11... this is NOT the wifi network 

this is an issue with the Roku stick... pretty peed off tbh

0 Kudos