Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dvokey
Level 7

Express Connection to WIFI problems

I have owned a Roku Express for over a year now and have not changed its location in my house since I purchased it.  I began to notice streaming issues when using Amazon Prime a couple of weeks ago and when I checked my WIFI connection it was described as poor.  It had always been Excellent before.  The Express is located 25 ft from the router in the same room.  I have a Streaming stick in another room located on an upper floor about the same distance from the router which shows the WIFI connection as Excellent.  I have moved the Express to within 10ft of the router and changed wifi channel from 11 to 6 with no improvement.  I have also factory reset the Express with no change.  I think the problem may be due to the software upgrade that took place 05 September because the Express was working well before then.  Is anyone else having the same issue or know of a solution I haven't tried yet

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Express Connection to WIFI problems

Thanks for the note here. Sorry to hear about the issue you're running into!

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your player from Settings>System>About. I'll follow up to see what other suggestions we can provide and assist you further. 

Thanks!
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Skulskyc
Level 7

Hi my Roku express has worked all fine until recently it has weak single and sometime it won't even pick up the WiFi at all and its driving me crazy
0 Kudos
Hwalston
Level 7

I'm having same issue, worked fine and now can't find wifi. Haven't changed locations at all, very frustrating. I've tried factory reset with no luck either 

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Hwalston @Skulskyc 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your player from Settings>System>About. I'll follow up to see what other suggestions we can provide and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny 

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Judi2244
Level 7

I have roku t.v and express n not one will work
0 Kudos
dvokey
Level 7

I have sent you two emails via PM since your post, the first with the information you requested and the 2nd 5 days later asking you to advise if my first e-mail got through.  What is happening and why are you not responding?

0 Kudos
dvokey
Level 7

This is my third request for some form of response.  It seems to me that you and your company have no interest in supporting your products or your customers.  Fortunately there are sufficient options now available that it will not really matter to me.  Sorry to have put my faith in your company

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dvokey 

Hi there, 

Apologies for any confusion, but we haven't received any private messages from you. We have thoroughly reviewed our inboxes and do not have any messages, so I'm not sure what may be occurring. 

I'll go ahead and reach out directly to follow-up with you. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos