Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eatme
Reel Rookie

Re: Excellent wifi strength but roku says no signal

Jump to solution

In my post I was saying roku said excellent signal, but would not connect even with the right password.

In your case, try the new one in the new position. If it works, put the old one back in the original place, and just use it that way.

0 Kudos
Balynt

Re: Excellent wifi strength but roku no internet?

Jump to solution

My take is that ROKU is a cheap piece of junk. I would have paid many times more for a reliable machine. Pure garbage and I will never go back.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Balynt

I hope you're doing well.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
cheerful24
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Signal strength excellent on 3920X Roku Premiere, 3700X Roku Express but sometimes neither can connect, other times no problem.  This problem has just recently come up. Why?  Please help. 

0 Kudos
dirkdorcus

Re: Excellent wifi strength but roku has no internet?

Jump to solution

I have the same problem--wifi good, no internet connection. It was working fine, suddenly stopped connecting to internet, and none of the steps on the website solve the problem. Other devices connect fine, signal strength high, ID and password are correct, factory reset did nothing.

TCL Roku Tv.

What happened?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @cheerful24

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Please be advised that both of your devices (3920X Roku Premiere, 3700X Roku Express) are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know if this works for you!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @dirkdorcus

We're here to help!

Could you tell us who your internet service provider is? If it's Comcast or ATT, we would recommend changing your router settings for the 2.4 GHz band from g/n to b/g/n, as customers have stated that this helped resolve their issue.

Keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Kennethguo

Jump to solution

Hi, I have the same problem yesterday, my Roku tv had the wired or wireless connected, excellent WiFi strength but no internet connection, I have the C130X , I had try all the methods but still no luck

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Kennethguo

I apologize for the delay in response.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers' contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
di-OR
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Well good for you, read with hope, but our issue is 3 Roku connected successfully, 2 disconnected, which will not accept our same valid wifi Linksys password even after rebooting, factory reset and trying to start up again numerous times. Roku solution to this on support chat it to call Linksys AND CHANGE THE WIFI PASSOWOOD, which I would have to do on 2 pc's 3 roku's, 2 phones, 7 devices!!!! What? We run a home business here and are in our 70's!!!! NOT HAPPY!