Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seensome
Reel Rookie

Re: Excellent wifi strength but roku has no internet?

Jump to solution

I simply had to reply to this...read on and see why.

I had your identical problem.  I did lots of research.  I went through all the steps.  Even using the secret menu.  Bupkus!

In desperation I finally called the cable provider (you know the one - the one that rhymes with Bombast).  After many button pushes I was finally connected to a RLH (Real Live Human).

Who PATIENTLY listened to all of my concerns.  Then pinged the router, reset it remotely, had me unplug my Roku and plug it back in.

Who knew that you could achieve constant 25 MBps?  The clarity!  Gosh...it's like going from cave drawings to 4K instantly!  After a couple years of this service I thought normal was 3 Mbps and buffering was just to be expected.

Little did I know that one call to the internet provider would cure it all in mere moments.

There are so very few tales told of outstanding customer service that I felt obligated to share this one.

Best of luck to you, reader!

0 Kudos
Naaz

Re: Excellent wifi strength but roku no internet?

Jump to solution

I have the same issues. How did you fix it

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Excellent wifi strength but roku no internet?

Jump to solution

Hey @Naaz

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us specifically about the issue you're running into? Please also provide here the model of the affected Roku device. It can be found in Settings > System > About

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Bexter

Jump to solution

Fast.com provides the Latency number (or Ping) which is the reaction time of your connection-how quickly your device gets a response after you've sent out a request. A low latency (fast ping) means a more responsive connection, especially in applications where timing is everything (like video games). Latency is measured in milliseconds (ms.)

0 Kudos
Kaptainkrrrk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This happened to me randomly one morning, after resetting the router and doing a hard restart on the TV oh, that still did not work. What did finally work was wiping roku system cache partition. Using the Roku remote:

1. Press the home button 5 times

2. Press the F button on the direction pad once

3. Press the rewind button twice, then the forward button twice.

This system will freeze for 10 seconds then restart oh, it should fix the problem. I would do this reset procedure about once a month

0 Kudos
Kaptainkrrrk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

*Sorry not "F" button, UP BUTTON*

0 Kudos
eatme
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

you are late on your bill if this happens. i have "free" roku, but pay xfinity for isp. shur nuf they blocked me unitil i paid. they have no right. this is sooo foul stinkin sad

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@eatme, who blocked you? What are you talking about?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Re: Excellent wifi strength but roku says no signal

Jump to solution

I have an older Roku 1 model 2710X ( from the Roku device ). This worked in another room  and I tried to connect elsewhere. All I get is "no signal". 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Excellent wifi strength but roku says no signal

Jump to solution

Hi @queenvic8940

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us more about the issue you're running into? Please also reply here with a photo of the 'No signal' message so we can further help you out.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos