Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Re: Excellent wifi strength but roku has no internet?

Jump to solution

This issue is happening to me as of this evening, Xfinity is the ISP and using xfinity's gateway. 

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I noticed that the the IP on my TV is 0.0.0.0, oh no!

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

As of this morning this issue has been resolved on my TVs. On all of my TVs I had to reestablish my Wi-Fi by reentering my password. I got an IP address immediately from the gateway. It must of been an Xfinity issue for myself.  

0 Kudos
Ngracie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem.  Called my internet provider, got a new fast router and called their support twice, no help from Roku, can't get through.  Was able to "chat" with a Roku tech for a short while, they couldn't help and got off the thread when they realized they didn't know.  Bought  new Roku today and this one won't connect either.  Bringing the Roku back to the store tomorrow and buying a firestick, won't EVER buy a Roku TV, no way.  Absolutely no customer service.  Will no longer be a customer.  

beckerlila
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am also experiencing this same issue and have tried every solution mentioned here including resetting drivers from the secret menu. I have a Roku Express. Would love any guidance/help. I’m about ready to just get an Amazon Fire stick because I can’t get ahold of anyone to actually try and help. 

0 Kudos
Ngracie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi!  I took back the new Roku and got a refund. then went and bought a firestick.  Firestick works great, connected right away to my internet when Roku couldn't.  Firestick is the way to go.  Hey Roku, if you can't or aren't willing to support what you sell, then you shouldn't take people's money and sell your product. It's called integrity and there is just too little of it these days.  Buy a Firestick, people!

Bking22

Re: Excellent wifi strength but roku no internet?

Jump to solution

I’ve been experiencing this for a few weeks but I finally remembered that I “paused” the roku on my Spectrum app a while back for my kid. I unpaused it and it worked immediately. So maybe check to see if any of your devices are blocked. 

0 Kudos
Ngracie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Exactly.  Firestick works great.  Plugged it in, worked awesome.  Throw away the worthless Rokus.  No customer service means they don't care about the customer.   

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I tried the button pressing to access secret wifi. That doesn't work. I gave up. It worked fine last night and this morning no internet connection with my Comcast cable. I ended up buying a fire stick and now have 3 Roku devices that do not work with my Comcast cable provider. Extremely frustrating.

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@DkimJohnson 

Been posted numerous times throughout the Community pages over the last month.

For those have Xfinity and Comcast, the resolution to most of the connection issues with 2.4ghz Roku devices has been to change the "Mode" setting from g/n to b/g/n.  

You can change this setting either at the router or the app (if applicable).  Additionally it has been mentioned that selecting "Forget Devices" (pertaining to the connected Roku devices) from the ISP app has also helped users to establish new connection.  

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos