Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidgarf66
Channel Surfer

Re: Excellent wifi strength but roku has no internet?

Jump to solution

LoL you have to be kidding me.....secret menu and glitch rate?  No basic consumer should have to mess with that **bleep**

retsom
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I agree with you entirely.

0 Kudos
Modoc723

Jump to solution

We left for a two day trip. When we left Roku was working fine. When we came back it was not connected to the internet. I restarted Roku and rebooted my router - no luck. Every other device (and there are several) all work fine. Roku won’t even see my network but it sees all the neighbors.

Seems like a lot of other people have the same problem with the response from Roku being “reboot”. 

Some seem to have solved it by going into some voodoo settings on their router. Screw that - should not even be a requirement. 

My Firestick works fine. I’ll just get another one and throw this POS out. And give it a **bleep**ty review on Amazon.

JT908
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have zero glitches per second

0 Kudos
paulene

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Btcornell

Jump to solution

Thanks for the detailed response. 

How do I “reset” my drivers?

0 Kudos
dennyd
Reel Rookie

Re: Excellent wifi strength but roku no internet?

Jump to solution

this fix worked for me. my 5ghz signal isnt as strong but it connected first try

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I encountered this issue on both of my Roku players yesterday.  the monitoring of Signal Strength should help I will try this if I get the issue again currently it is working properly. When the issue occurred I could still stream from my other non roku devices so some how it is only limited to Roku. One of my Roku player is using wired connection but this one also was encountering the same issue. So it could be more than the Wireless strength issue. Both Roku devices are Roku 3 versions.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Mine worked fine last night. Now, no connection.

1. It clearly sees my wireless network.
  2. Network signal is excellent - I checked it on my cell phone with an app designed to do that
  3. I reset the network setting
  4. Re-entered the password - confirmed the password was good
  5. No connect

Is this Roku dead? It is about 3 years old. 

0 Kudos
Kelligoat

Jump to solution

I also just came back from a 5-day trip and two of mine now won’t connect. One is a Roku stick, the other is a Roku TV. All the other Rokus and devices can access the internet but not the two newest ones. 
Full bars, connects to wireless, won’t connect to internet. The Roku stick is 6 feet from router (which was also rebooted today). Grrrrrrrrr........