Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SheltonCoolio
Level 7

Excellent wifi but no internet connection

This is driving me bonkers. I have a Roku Express Plus that shows excellent wifi connectivity but will not connect to the internet. My laptop which is in the same room with the Roku player IS connected to the internet. I have tried a network reset, moving the Roku player around, moving the router closer to the Roku player but with no luck. I have photos showing all of this but no way to attach to send to you. Would appreciate help in getting this resolved.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Excellent wifi but no internet connection

Hey @SheltonCoolio

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Furthermore, if your device is the Roku Express+ with a model number of 3931, please note that the device is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About or underneath the player itself.

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

0 Kudos
Hoppo75
Level 7

This is exactly the problem I'm experiencing with the Roku Premiere 4k box. Connects to my router WiFi but loses connection almost instantly. Using the excellent TP link WiFi extenders I've used to great effect for at least a year now, it doesn't even identify them on the network and yes Roku.... I've set the to 2.4gz only! It's incredibly frustrating and will now return the item to the store. It is quite amazing how a device that is solely designed to work on WiFi seems to have so many issues based on the number of messages on here!

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@SheltonCoolio 

Did you get your issue resolved yet or still having problems.  Post back with you model number if you still need help.

@Hoppo75 

Post back with your Roku Premiere model number and your router and extender number.  Normally routers are set to have a Transmission Power (TX).  Then add a range extender into a network and sometimes the extra TX actually justs adds noise and interference into the signal.  Sometimes depends on environment.  If you wish to troubleshoot your issue, feel free to post back with the above info.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.

0 Kudos