Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Every Roku in my house stopped connecting to the internet

All 4 Roku devices in my house stopped connecting to the internet all at once.  The devices are all different ages and models.  2 of them are roku sticks, and two of them are TCL roku TVs.  I've tried restarting my router, modem, and all roku devices with no luck.  I also tried restoring one of our roku sticks to factory default settings, and when trying to set it back up, I can't get past the "connect to wifi" step because it won't connect to any network.  I even tried connecting to two different mobile hot spots to eliminate my home network as the cause of the issue.  And yes, I checked and double checked the wireless network passwords being used.

All 4 devices...all different models...all stopped working at the same time.  

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Every Roku in my house stopped connecting to the internet

Same thing happened to me today. Similar situation, multiple Roku's all different models & ages. Also have been unsuccessful using all the suggested fixes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi, many others have posted this as well. I went to the Spectrum store and traded in my router and that worked!  I had 3 devices that wouldn't work....now all 3 do.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

That doesn't explain why none of my devices will connect to the internet through a mobile hot spot.  That completely removes the modem/router from the equation. And they still don't work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

In my case I have a Linksys 1900ACS router connected to my Spectrum cable modem. Also as I have a visitor, the Roku had no problem finding & connecting to the Guest-Network. So the router is at least accessible from the Roku. (And other devices have no problem accessing the internet.)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having the same issues. 2 different tv brands and different ages. I have emailed them Roku hopefully they get back to me soon. I do not understand why they can not answer the phones. I will be trying to exchange my Spectrum modem at some point tomorrow. I have to work and I'm hoping that solves this issue. If Roku isn't going to answer their phones maybe update their message to say there is an issue and go to their web page to see what the solution is. I don't know, I'm just a part time working mother of 3 boys but, that seems to be a common sense kind of thing. Okay rant over. I truly just hope it is resolved soon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

we have 3 tv's and 1 express. all stopped connecting to internet yesterday. bought new router no help. called Spectrum said to call Roku with no tech support. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Just get a new modem from Spectrum.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

A cable/modem replacement resolved the issue for my configuration:

• Spectrum Internet
  • Technicolor TC8717T Cable-Modem

Replaced cable/modem with:

• Arris ET2251 Cable-Modem

The staff in the local Spectrum office didn't know of any specific problems being reported by customers that were Roku related. However they did say the Technicolor was a very old cable-modem with other issues such as internet drop-outs & were happy to supply a replacement.

0 Kudos