Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
galaxies
Level 7

Ethernet

So my question is I do have ethernet hooked up connected to my roku TV which is a hisense. but my question is can the ethernet (that is connected to my router tv)  will it work like an ethernet  adapter for my other devices that are connected to my TV? would it run under the ethernet cable or with those devices need to be Wi-Fi Or will they only work on Wi-Fi they are connected to my roku TV? If I can use the ethernet wired connection to my other connected devices then how do I do this? I am wondering i have ps4 connected to tv and it would be a lot better if ps4 is wired

0 Kudos
2 Replies
HDMIGuy
Level 10

Re: Ethernet

You need to use a switch to split the ethernet and then run ethernet to both the TV and PS4 etc.  You can get an unmanaged 5 port switch for about $20

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Re: Ethernet

What he said.  I'm not showing this as any kind of recommendation, but something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-5-Port-Gigabit-Ethernet-Unmanaged/dp/B07S98YLHM/

0 Kudos