Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Ethernet

I have a TCL Roku 55" TV and a Roku Ultra that won't connect via ethernet. I have an ethernet connection behind the TV and  I can connect my Apple TV and my laptop via ethernet using the same port but neither of the Roku's will connect. I've gone through the settings on both Roku's but found nothing to resolve the issue. I would like to use the ethernet on the Roku TV because it has a better picture than the Apple TV. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Ethernet

None of my Rokus have an Ethernet port, so I've never tried this with a wired connection, but I've had success with wifi connections, even when all other devices in the house have connected okay, so it might be worth a try:

Restart the router.

Restart the Roku.

When both are back up, try to reset Roku's network connection.

It frankly makes no sense to me, but it has worked for me on several occasions when mere restarting of the Roku didn't cut it.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos