Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ttasca
Level 7

Ethernet Connection with appliance interference?

I am trying to contact Roku support by email and have looked on the Roku website but can't find an email address. The Roku Support phone number does not provide support it tells you to go to the website.

Does anyone have an email for support?

I am using YouTubeTV with WiFi in my kitchen with all the appliances probably interferring and am having problems with buffering.

Would it help if I purchase a Roku with an ethernet cable to do a direct line instead of WIFI?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
Strega
Level 15

Re: Ethernet Connection with appliance interference?

Are other channels working?  I've seen a few posts lately about buffering with youtube TV while other channels were working.  While ethernet is pretty much always better than Wi-Fi, a problem with a single channel/app is probably not a Wi-Fi problem.

0 Kudos
ttasca
Level 7

That is the only channel my wife uses.

I would have to check.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Yes, YouTube TV has been problematic with some users, so it might be a channel issue. You didn't state what model Roku you have. Some Roku devices support 5 GHz WiFi, which is usually a much quieter band and less likely to have interference from other devices. Naturally, a wired network connection would eliminate any potential interference. The Roku Ultra is the only player with a wired connection, unless you find an older used device that still had one. The last non-Ultra Roku with a wired connection was the Roku Premiere+ (model 4630). That's a four year old device, and I wouldn't recommend getting something that old unless it was dirt cheap. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
ttasca
Level 7

Thanks for the information.

0 Kudos