Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Errors attempting to use Hotel Connect

I'm actually having difficulty.  The time out is exactly 40 seconds, not enough time to launch a browser and connect
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Can't say. I've certainly taken longer than that to get connected, so no idea why the timeout might vary for different users. I'm wondering if the wireless you are connecting to is kicking you out because you haven't accepted/authenticated within that timeframe? I've used the function at Hilton and Marriott properties, as well as the Bellagio in Las Vegas. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I had this issue and did many things to try and fix it at an rv park. Long story short the issue was my phone. I had to go into the connections>wifi>advanced>manage Wi-Fi connections and delete the roku connection. I finally, after days of messing with everything, seen that the phone was trying to pull up the connection in the drop down menu. Every time I would select the wireless connection on the tv, the phone would try and pick it up but would drop the connection right away. So once I deleted the old connection, the Hotel and Dorm menu popped right up. I hope this helps.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

I created this thread almost two years ago, running much older firmware. I have had no issues with Hotel Connect for well over a year. I recommend this thread be locked, as the original issue is no longer valid. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Closed per request of OP.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Level 7

I finally figured this out. I was having the same issue and couldn't log in with the passcode Roku gave me.
You need to go to settings on your iPhone or iPad and search for Networks..mine showed my hotel and a separate one for Roku. You need the Roku one..mine was fine once I did that.

0 Kudos