Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MMS6
Level 7

Error message 003 - Connecting Roku to Network/Internet

I just bought the Roku Express. I do not have a smart tv. I set it up with the hdmi cables provided, I chose my Network and added my password.  It green checked Wireless Connection, then a message came up asking for help connecting,  was i at home. I clicked on: I am at home.  It then green checked Internet Connection, said it was "checking" then took me directly to error message 003 - Unable to update software.  My other devices, laptop, phone Internet is working. Router is right next to tv, cables are all attached.  I've waited and tried to Set up Network several times and keep getting this error message.  It appears to not be able to connect to my home network.  I'm not sure what else to do. HELP!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Error message 003 - Connecting Roku to Network/Internet

If you can use your phone as a hotspot, try connecting to that just to get through the initial update.

0 Kudos
drcherylham
Level 7

Re: Error message 003 - Connecting Roku to Network/Internet

Can I speak to someone regarding connecting to Wi fi

I have WiFi working on my phone without any problems 

0 Kudos