Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Error code 14.50 during network setup with CenturyLink router

Jump to solution

@tarasmith

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that specific error code, visit our Support page for troubleshooting steps here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks a million!!!  After 3hrs of this BS I found your info... 

0 Kudos
miakl

Jump to solution

How do I do this? I’m very confused 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @miakl,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I understand that you are unable to connect your wireless network with an error message, is that correct?

For the 14.50 error message, we suggest restarting your Roku device and your router.

1. To restart your Roku player, go to Settings > System > System restart. To restart your Roku TV, go to Settings > System > Power > System restart. You can also unplug the Roku device from the power source, wait a few moments, and then reconnect it.
  2. To restart your router, check the instructions from your ISP or router vendor. In some cases, you can simply unplug it and plug it back in, and in other cases, it may require pressing a reset button on the device.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet? | Official Roku Support

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

My Roku SE device doesn't have a settings menu it goes straight to connect menu and since it can't connect there's nothing else to do...I restarted both router and Roku and still can't connect... Anyone else has the same issue???

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Valentin7220

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Please be advised that Roku SE is a single-band wireless device which means it is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. 

If you are getting an error code, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Wrljr
Channel Surfer

Roku3990x won’t connect to wireless

Jump to solution

No wireless connection Turned power on/off, unplugged replugged, reset connection, finally factory reset and still cannot connect to my wireless network.  Already unplugged replugged router and modem all other devices work without issue.  Finds my network and says signal strength is excellent just will not connect. Get a screen that just has a cloud with a red circle and an x in it with the numbers 014.50

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku3990x won’t connect to wireless

Jump to solution

Hi @Wrljr,

It sounds like your Roku device may be having trouble connecting to your home network. For more information about that specific error code, visit our Support page for troubleshooting steps here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet? 

In addition, you have the Roku Express and it is a single-band wireless device which means it only supports a 2.4 GHz connection. Your Roku Express will not recognize the 5Ghz network. You need to make sure that your 2.4 GHz network is active by using your mobile phone and check if you can detect the 2.4 GHz network. We also suggest you reach out to your Internet Service Provider or ISP for assistance in checking if the 2.4 GHz network is active and not hidden. 

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Wrljr
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The link to that article no longer exists.   I have a dual band router 2.4 and 5G and while it recognizes my network it doesn’t not connect

0 Kudos
Wrljr
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Worked fine up until today

0 Kudos