Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Error code 14.50 during network setup with CenturyLink router

Jump to solution

When I was setting up my new Roku Streaming Stick I couldn't connect to my network (CenturyLink) due to error code 14.50.  I called CenturyLink Support and there is a setting in "Advanced Setup" that needs to be changed.  Select "DHCP Settings" from the LAN Settings section and scroll to option 4 "Set the DHCP name special character state" and select "Allow Special Characters" and click Apply.  Go back to your Streaming Stick setup and you will now be able to connect to your CenturyLink network.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Error code 14.50 during network setup with CenturyLink router

Jump to solution

When I was setting up my new Roku Streaming Stick I couldn't connect to my network (CenturyLink) due to error code 14.50.  I called CenturyLink Support and there is a setting in "Advanced Setup" that needs to be changed.  Select "DHCP Settings" from the LAN Settings section and scroll to option 4 "Set the DHCP name special character state" and select "Allow Special Characters" and click Apply.  Go back to your Streaming Stick setup and you will now be able to connect to your CenturyLink network.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Oh, my goodness! Thank you so much!

I just read the 4th or 5th article telling me my router was too far away, and this completely fixed the problem.

You are a true gentleman and a scholar!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

You are the man! Thanks a lot! That worked out!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

THANKS VERY MUCH .. GREAT HELP Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for this, we’ve been trying everything for the last week since getting Century Link internet and could not figure it out until we tried this...problem solved! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

When I was setting up my new Roku Streaming Stick I couldn't connect to my network (CenturyLink) due to error code 14.50.  I called CenturyLink Support and there is a setting in "Advanced Setup" that needs to be changed.  Select "DHCP Settings" from the LAN Settings section and scroll to option 4 "Set the DHCP name special character state" and select "Allow Special Characters" and click Apply.  Go back to your Streaming Stick setup and you will now be able to connect to your CenturyLink network.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I m having the same problem with my new roku premiere  with rise broadband i checked for settings you mentioned and they are on automatic

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

how do I get to "advanced setup?"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Okay I figured out how to get to advanced settings HOWEVER, #4 does not have the option you stated. It has this instead:

4. Set the DNS servers allocated with DHCP requests.

DHCP DNS Type:Default ServersCustom Servers
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

BTW, I contacted centurylink and the three people I talked to were absolutely worthless. They had no idea what the **bleep** they were doing.

0 Kudos