Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lkwalker

Re: Error code 14.50 during network setup with CenturyLink router

Jump to solution

I have had my streamingstick since August and while it loses connection periodically, I can always connect again (I have Comcast). Suddenly today it disconnected and will not reconnect. It's saying it cannot find wireless and is asking for an IP address (I don't have that). When I called Roku, someone named Stephen came on the chat screen and said for 69.99 one-time fee he could fix it. When I went to the internet to look up Roku, he actually called me. Said the internet provider was not providing the correct signal. This is something totally sudden and I've not had this problem before. Anyone else encountered this?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@lkwalker 

Thanks for the note. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

It seems that you may have been reached by a third party entity. Please be aware that Roku will never charge for support or device activation services. 

For more information, visit our Support page here: Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mhastings

Jump to solution

How do you get to advanced settings? 

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue and seeing the same thing. Did you figure it out?

0 Kudos
shinskton

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue and my LAN setting show the same default and custom.  Did you ever find a solution? 

shinskton

Jump to solution

I figured how to correct the 14.50 error . I did a manufacturer reset and went through the set up again and it connected to my internet.

0 Kudos
Rafiki

Jump to solution

I wish I had found your post earlier. This resolved my wireless/wired connection issue upon set-up of the Roku Ultra device. I have Centurylink as well and upon changing the DHCP setting to accept special characters, Roku immediately connected. Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
Jenr

Jump to solution

Did you have any luck with this? My option number 4 says the same thing--DHCP dns type; default servers or custom servers. 

Thanks. 

KDog22117

Jump to solution

Yes! This worked for me after a week of trying to figure out the issue. If anyone has CenturyLink log in as Admin and change this setting!

0 Kudos
Karmagedon
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Nice tip

0 Kudos