Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moosette

Error code 14.50 during network setup with CenturyLink router

Jump to solution

When I was setting up my new Roku Streaming Stick I couldn't connect to my network (CenturyLink) due to error code 14.50.  I called CenturyLink Support and there is a setting in "Advanced Setup" that needs to be changed.  Select "DHCP Settings" from the LAN Settings section and scroll to option 4 "Set the DHCP name special character state" and select "Allow Special Characters" and click Apply.  Go back to your Streaming Stick setup and you will now be able to connect to your CenturyLink network.

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
moosette

Re: Error code 14.50 during network setup with CenturyLink router

Jump to solution

When I was setting up my new Roku Streaming Stick I couldn't connect to my network (CenturyLink) due to error code 14.50.  I called CenturyLink Support and there is a setting in "Advanced Setup" that needs to be changed.  Select "DHCP Settings" from the LAN Settings section and scroll to option 4 "Set the DHCP name special character state" and select "Allow Special Characters" and click Apply.  Go back to your Streaming Stick setup and you will now be able to connect to your CenturyLink network.

View solution in original post

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @miakl,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I understand that you are unable to connect your wireless network with an error message, is that correct?

For the 14.50 error message, we suggest restarting your Roku device and your router.

1. To restart your Roku player, go to Settings > System > System restart. To restart your Roku TV, go to Settings > System > Power > System restart. You can also unplug the Roku device from the power source, wait a few moments, and then reconnect it.
  2. To restart your router, check the instructions from your ISP or router vendor. In some cases, you can simply unplug it and plug it back in, and in other cases, it may require pressing a reset button on the device.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet? | Official Roku Support

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
66 REPLIES 66
sammy_dubs

Jump to solution

Oh, my goodness! Thank you so much!

I just read the 4th or 5th article telling me my router was too far away, and this completely fixed the problem.

You are a true gentleman and a scholar!

Alina0

Jump to solution

You are the man! Thanks a lot! That worked out!

0 Kudos
mafreh

Jump to solution

THANKS VERY MUCH .. GREAT HELP Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Schreib11

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for this, we’ve been trying everything for the last week since getting Century Link internet and could not figure it out until we tried this...problem solved! 

0 Kudos
moosette

Jump to solution

When I was setting up my new Roku Streaming Stick I couldn't connect to my network (CenturyLink) due to error code 14.50.  I called CenturyLink Support and there is a setting in "Advanced Setup" that needs to be changed.  Select "DHCP Settings" from the LAN Settings section and scroll to option 4 "Set the DHCP name special character state" and select "Allow Special Characters" and click Apply.  Go back to your Streaming Stick setup and you will now be able to connect to your CenturyLink network.

theresap

Jump to solution

I m having the same problem with my new roku premiere  with rise broadband i checked for settings you mentioned and they are on automatic

0 Kudos
nrw276
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

how do I get to "advanced setup?"

0 Kudos
nrw276
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Okay I figured out how to get to advanced settings HOWEVER, #4 does not have the option you stated. It has this instead:

4. Set the DNS servers allocated with DHCP requests.

DHCP DNS Type:Default ServersCustom Servers
nrw276
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

BTW, I contacted centurylink and the three people I talked to were absolutely worthless. They had no idea what the **bleep** they were doing.

0 Kudos