Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stultifier

Re: Error code 14.30 But Internet Connection Strong and Working

Jump to solution

Exactly what fixed my problem too.  Everything worked then one day it didn't.  I updated router settings to include the "b" band.  viola! 

0 Kudos
Wesson303

Jump to solution

Hello. Where do I find that Xfi app?  I’m having so much trouble. Please help. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Wesson303, is XFinity your ISP?  If not, it doesn't apply.  If so, https://www.xfinity.com/apps

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I would try this but I'm stuck at the beginning where it asks me what language I want to use. I must have reset it back to factory settings. What can I do? Do I need to buy another one?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Wontconnect, just go through the setup again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Skinny68
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Wontconnect Do you have a way to control the settings on your router? If so turn the 5G off. Go into Roku settings to WiFi connect try connecting again, once the error code 14:30 comes up stay on that page. Now reboot router once the router comes back on without the 5G on try connecting again it should work. Then you can turn the 5g back on. That worked for me!

0 Kudos
allfourseasons
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi again,

I restarted my router but the roku was disconnecting every night and my router started restarting itself every night around 4am and I would have to restart the router again and then the roku again and it would finally reconnect. Tonight it disconnected without the router doing its random restarting thing again so I restarted and restarted the roku and then it STILL wasn't working. So I decided to do the solution to this thread and went into the xfinity app and changed the 2.4ghz to b/g/n, restarted the roku only, and it took a minute but it finally connected and seems to be working now. 

But I did call xfinity a couple days ago because of the router restarting itself every morning around 4am (I have insomnia and inevitably noticed) for over a week, and the woman I spoke to said that is not normal. She ran a diagnostic check and said there is something wrong with the "upstream and downstream" and that the "filter" needed to be checked out by a technician. Theres someone coming tomorrow and I'll keep you posted if something relevant about the roku is revealed to me!

0 Kudos
mcd11
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I already had the xfinity app but am not seeing anywhere in settings to change router’s channel to one of the ones suggested. How do I find this? 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

What is the xfi app, just for xfinity users? What about those of us with Cox? Ours won't connect to the internet but all other devices are fine. SO ANNOYED. Ours is 2.4 as well. Just not sure what the xfi app does for non-xfinity users...

0 Kudos
Skinny68
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@fixitnowplease do you have a way to get into your router settings? If so get on your router app turn the 5g off then connect it that’s all you have to do once connect turn on the 5g the Roku will not let 802.11n./ac only 2.4 802.11b/g/n mixed do this and it works 

0 Kudos