Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Justducky1

Re: Error code 14.30 But Internet Connection Strong and Working

Jump to solution

Hmmm everything is set the way it needs to be for Xfinity I double checked it. This is very annoying...

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks @Matwood26  this helped. Everyday at 4:30am all of my wifi compatible devices lose connection from Xfinity. This has gone on for 2 weeks. Xfinity says their system updates all modems then. And it shouldn't affect service. But it does everyday and this is annoying to keep rebooting this modem daily.

@Matwood26 wrote:

Download the Xfi app from your app store. Once installed, login to app, and follow these instructions:

Go to the Connect tab. Select See Network. Select Advanced Settings. Select 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi.

Select edit next to the 2.4 GHz option. Once that opens you will see a drop down on the top under wifi mode...this is where you will see the option to change it. 

0 Kudos
erowe98
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

THIS WORKED. THANK YOU!

0 Kudos
Skinny68
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

So I came across the same issue I’ve had my Roku hooked up to our personal WiFi for a year+. This morning it stop working. I can hook up to my guest WiFi settings but not my personal? 

0 Kudos
Sheenak121

Jump to solution

OMG!!!! You are a genius and my absolute HERO!! I’ve been tearing my hair out for days resetting, rebooting, unplugging and troubleshooting this with ZERO luck until I saw this! Y’all definitely do this! as soon as I changed my wireless to the b/g/n reset/rebooted the roku AND the router one more time BAM connection was restored! Thank you so much!!! 

0 Kudos
Michelle_Andrew
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

What is I have Cox and not Xfi?

Tags (1)
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Michelle_Andrew 

Are you getting error 14.30?

Go into your modem/router/gateway configuration pages and make sure 2.4 is enabled and set for channels 1, 6, or 11 with a 20Mhz width (and set for B/G/N mode if similar to this XFinity issue).

Also make sure 5Ghz is set to channels 36-48 or 149-165 (36, 149 preferred) and NOT using DFS channels between 52-140 (Rokus dont support DFS).

If need be contact Cox CS and they can help you with it.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

My new router (WIFI 6) did not initially work (error code 14:30 and all that jazz). My solution was defualt settings BUT make sure the Wifi 5Ghz channel is set to 44 or less... I read somewhere that Roku didn't work on channels 48 and above...

Hope this fixes it for you.

0 Kudos
NateTruth
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you

this thread has actually been more helpful than the 10 others I read 

I will try the changes in the morning as I work evenings and have to head out today.

But thanks again, it sounds like you all are onto something

0 Kudos
AshMcQ
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you so very much! This worked for me as well! Roku customer service chat was not exactly helpful and even left the chat after I told them everything else in the house was working fine. So glad I looked here!

0 Kudos