Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kseorum
Level 7

Error code 014.30

My express 3900X was working fine receiving the wireless signal in the living room from the router 3 rooms away and then just stopped receiving and won't connect. I'm getting the "weak signal" message. I've tried re-booting both the router and the express. It doesn't solve the problem. I've changed the position and the angle of both the router and the express. No luck. The express is not that far away from the router and the house is all wood, no metal. AND both laptops have no problem connecting to the wireless signal. What's crazy is that it picks up the wireless signal when right next to the router but not when in the living room OR the bedroom. Why would it work when right next to the router but then stop working when a short distance away? I know it's just the basic version that comes free with Sling, but does anyone know why this would be happening?

Thanks in advance to whomever replies.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Error code 014.30

Perhaps a neighbor has started up a router using the same channel as is being used by your router, causing interference. The nearer to the other router and further from yours, the stronger the interference. You might be able to avoid this by changing your router channel setting to one with less local interference. If you have a cell phone or table using wifi, there are quite a few apps you can load that will show you signal strengths on various channels to help find a relatively unused channel for your problem location(s).

(And 5 bonus points for using "whomever" correctly.  Smiley Wink )

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Does Roku Express wear out? Getting Error Code 014.30

@kseorum 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Since the device connects when in close proximity to your router, but doesn't work when further away, it would appear that it is a wireless connectivity issue. The signal that is coming from your router may not be strong enough to reach your device when placed in the rooms that you are having issues connecting with.

For tips on improving your wireless network signal, visit our Support page here: Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku streaming device

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos