Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomotoole

Error code 014.30

Can’t connect Rocky to home network

keep getting error code 014.30

35 REPLIES 35
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Error code 014.30

@Tomotoole Thanks for reaching out. That error code usually indicates that you need to fully reboot both your Roku device and your wireless router. I recommend disconnecting the power to your wireless router for a couple minutes, then reconnecting it again. Once it loads up fully and reconnects to the internet, then plug your Roku device back in again, and try to connect once more. 

You can see more tips about connection error codes, and troubleshooting steps here: https://support.roku.com/article/208755728-what-should-i-do-if-i-cannot-connect-to-my-home-network-o...

If for some reason that isn't clearing things up, you might try changing your wireless network password to remove any special characters.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, please reply with both the specific make/model of wireless router that you are using, as well as the model of Roku device you have from Settings>System>About. 

Thanks,

Tanner

celquie

This definitely did NOT work for me and it's very frustrating. Already factory reset it. Everything works but the TV, so it's not the router. 

Bobjustbob
Reel Rookie

Hi, I'm having the same problem with a new roku device, model 3910RW Express. Wifi works, and roku often works, but sometimes not, even with repeated restarts. Is there a way to check the roku device?

Amarie1

I am experiencing the same issue. Were you eventually able to connect your tv? If so, how?

Bobjustbob
Reel Rookie

I did get it going eventually, but don't remember exactly how. I did turn off the router a couple times, and restarted and signed in on the roku a couple times...eventually it worked, but it still goes offline every few days for a bit. Sometimes I need to restart my router, sometimes not. Maybe just a new glitch for a new device? 😕

Karmagedon
Roku Guru

Should not be dropping wireless connection often.  Post image of your settings>network>about.  Go to settings>network>check connection then post a picture of what about screen says, maybe there is clue there.  Perhaps signal strength or internet weak?

AA21

Hey guys, I had the exact same problem yesterday, I tried everything out there on the internet and none of them worked. Finally I decided to factory reset my router wireless settings and it finally worked. I had this idea because I tried to connect my tv to another wifi network and it worked, so I knew the problem was my router wireless settings. Therefore, I recommend you to try connect your tv to another network/mobile hotspot before. Hope this would help 🙂 

I have the same problem with my roku express. I tried all the tips restarted my roku and router, my WiFi password doesn’t have special characters in it. I even did a factory reset and it still doesn’t work

3A84C5AD-499E-4B67-8CA3-A9777A9E65CD.jpeg

Huston

It sucks stop😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡