Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
X8
Reel Rookie

Error Codes Using Roku on Acorn

This is new to me.

Keep getting this error code, while looking thru menu on the British app "Acorn".

2231-000000-000

???

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Error Codes Using Roku on Acorn

Hello @X8

We appreciate your contact!

We would recommend removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue 

Hope you'll find this information useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@RokuKarla wrote:

Hello @X8

We would recommend removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'.

@X8-

If you subscribed to Acorn through Roku, "Remove channel" will be replaced by "Manage subscriptions". Click this and follow the prompts to unsubscribe from this channel. (Don't worry. You'll still have use of it for the balance of your pre-paid subscription period.  You can resubscribe later if you like.) Now the ”Remove channel" menu item will be back and you can remove the channel.

Don't forget to restart your Roku as described above before reinstalling the channel, or you may not get a clean reinstallation.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
chappyware

1 get the same error 2231-000000-000 when selecting view, all  and then mysteries, appear in another category. Same thing with comedy. 

Two different TVs with different roku behave the same. Installed, reinstalled, cleared cache, updated and nothing works. It used to work fine.  

Download speeds, are, grater than 100 so that's not an issue. My roku ultra has lots of room/memory. 

So what's the fix? 

So support asks me to do the same things I've done already. BTW firestick doesn't have this problem. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@chappyware, I can't tell you what the fix is, but I can tell you that Acorn is the one that's going to have to find it.  That error code is coming from them and is meaningless to anyone at Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
rpw_53

I have been having the same issue since August and have notified Acorn TV several times.  They say they are working on it but still no change.  I have done all as suggested below and keep looking for updates to the app but no change.

I get an email every so often from Acorn TV asking about my experience with their support and hope that my problem has been solved.  I respond that sadly it has not been fixed.

It seems to be mostly when I try to view all of subgroups that have over 70 shows.

0 Kudos