Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Error Code 001 Issue

Jump to solution

I’ve been having trouble for a couple of hours now. I turned on my TV this morning and it wouldn’t launch any of the channels even though i was connected to a network. I checked the connection like 5 times. Then I read here that you can reset it so I tried and it keeps hitting a wall and won’t give me an activation code, it says error code 001 if that helps. Please help this is very frustrating

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Error Code 001 Issue

Jump to solution

@kittenkatten 

Thanks for the inquiry.

That error code usually indicates that your device is unable to update properly.

For troubleshooting steps regarding that error code, visit our Support page here: What should I do if my Roku® device is unable to update software?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Error Code 001 Issue

Jump to solution

@kittenkatten 

Thanks for the inquiry.

That error code usually indicates that your device is unable to update properly.

For troubleshooting steps regarding that error code, visit our Support page here: What should I do if my Roku® device is unable to update software?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos