Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kittenkatten
Level 7

Error Code 001 Issue

Jump to solution

I’ve been having trouble for a couple of hours now. I turned on my TV this morning and it wouldn’t launch any of the channels even though i was connected to a network. I checked the connection like 5 times. Then I read here that you can reset it so I tried and it keeps hitting a wall and won’t give me an activation code, it says error code 001 if that helps. Please help this is very frustrating

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Error Code 001 Issue

Jump to solution

@kittenkatten 

Thanks for the inquiry.

That error code usually indicates that your device is unable to update properly.

For troubleshooting steps regarding that error code, visit our Support page here: What should I do if my Roku® device is unable to update software?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@kittenkatten 

Thanks for the inquiry.

That error code usually indicates that your device is unable to update properly.

For troubleshooting steps regarding that error code, visit our Support page here: What should I do if my Roku® device is unable to update software?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
PZ
Level 7

Jump to solution

I tried this solution but it didn't work. Even a TCL tech support agent wasn't able to solve the issue. Any other suggestion?

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@PZ

Thanks for the post.

In addition to the information provided in our Support page, we recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can finish updating your Roku TV and get it setup. Then once your Roku TV is setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Keep us posted with what you find out. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos