Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanaH22
Level 7

Error 018

Does anyone know how to resolve this error message? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Error 018

This code occurs when your Roku device detects slow internet speeds. Check with your ISP to determine what speed connection you subscribe to. You may want to consider upgrading to a faster connection.

https://support.roku.com/article/208755728

0 Kudos
DanaH22
Level 7

Not as simple as that unfortunately. Roku had been working fine then just stopped. Tried resetting the internet link and said everything was good. Then when I tested the connection error 018 came up again. Your thoughts? Thanks again. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

All I can suggest are the things suggested in that link - restart your router/modem and restart your Roku.  In addition, try different Wi-Fi channels.  What model number Roku is it?  Is it a stick plugged into the back of the TV?  If so, the short HDMI extension cable may help:  https://my.roku.com/hdmi

Have you checked your Internet speed on another device like a laptop or tablet?

0 Kudos
rachelws
Level 7

Hi there,

I am having the same problem with my new Roku Express+.  It is not a problem with my router or wifi:  the router is 10 feet away from the Roku, I have measured my speeds with various apps and they are all great, and none of my other devices are having any problems.  I have tried changing my wifi channel and that has not helped either.

Also I had a previous Roku model just a month ago that worked perfectly fine.

The Roku works but the quality is terrible, and the connection checks say I have 0Mbps.  Can I either have help with this or be directed to where I can get my money back?

Thanks,

Rachel

0 Kudos
rachelws
Level 7

Oh also I have power cycled everything; nothing changed.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @rachelws,

Thanks for the post.

Try taking a look here for more tips about troubleshooting that network error code: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home ... - Roku

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device. I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot.

Keep us posted with what you find out.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos