Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Error 014.50 for wifi connection

Hi, I have a Roku Express. One day it just stopped connecting to my Centurylink wifi giving error 014.50, but it will connect to personal hotspot so it is capable of connecting to something. I contacted Centurylink and they said they can't help me. This has happened in the past and a system reboot fixed it, but I've done that three times and restarted the router and nothing. Any advice? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Error 014.50 for wifi connection

No guarantees, but this has always worked for me when I've needed to re-establish the WiFi connection on a Roku device. Try this, in this order:

Reboot your router (Yes, do this even if your other devices have no problem finding and connecting to your network.)

When your router comes back up, restart your Roku via:
Separate Roku device: Settings > System > System restart
Roku TV: Settings > System > Power > System restart

Reconnect to your network via Settings > Network > Set up connection

If this still doesn't work, try pulling the power plug on your Roku for a minute or so then plugging it back in. When it's finished restarting, try to reconnect the network again.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos