Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katielu
Reel Rookie

Re: Error 014.30 stuck for three days

Yay it’s finally fixed! I’m finally a happy camper!

0 Kudos
OH
Reel Rookie

Ours has been out for 7+ days now. Spent another 1.5 hrs on phone with att because we can’t access the router settings. All checks out on their end! FIX it ROKU!

0 Kudos
Katielu
Reel Rookie

Have you tried unplugging from the wall outlet! Sometimes that helps! I did finally get my Roku working. Unplugged TV and Roku! 

Good luck!

0 Kudos
evelynflores
Reel Rookie

Error connection code 014.30

Hello,

My Roku device (Roku Express 3930RW) in my room lately has not been wanting to connect to my Wi-Fi at all. I have restarted my TV, reset and factory reset my Roku device, reset my Wi-Fi router. Even my Roku in the living room was having the same problem a couple days ago and somehow fixed itself. I know my TV works since I could only set my Roku back up once I had factory reset it using my hotspot on my phone. I am not sure what to do at this point.  As I have done most of the typical things to get it to try to work again. This has never happened to my Roku before.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Error connection code 014.30

If you have Comcast/Xfinity or Cox as your ISP ensure your wireless mode is set to b/g/n and not g/n. For Comcast/Xfinity:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-wifi-mode-admin-tool-xfinity-xfi

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
evelynflores
Reel Rookie

Well I have AT&T and everyone else in my house has a Roku device and is working fine. Plus I've already tried the 2GH.z thing and still not working.

0 Kudos
renojim

Do you get any error message when you try to connect?  The 3930 is 2.4GHz only, so depending on your other Roku models they may be connecting to the 5GHz band.  I know AT&T likes to have one SSID/network name for both bands, but I'm dead-set against that.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

In another recent thread an ATT user confirmed his ATT router was set to a b/g connection.  It looks like we can add ATT to the Comcast/xFinity and Cox list.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
vatilgema

Roku can't connect to Network

For the first time ever, I am switching over to wireless because of the new setup in my new house. Problem is, my Roku refuses to connect to the network (error code 014). I can see the network, but it won't connect. I even did a hard reset, but now I'm stuck at the setup screen. I have that Comcast modem/router all in one. Can anyone help me try and figure this out?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku can't connect to Network

Hi @vatilgema,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If your internet service provider is Comcast, we would recommend changing your router settings for the 2.4 GHz band from g/n to b/g/n, as some customers reported that this helped resolve their issue.

We also recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet | Official Roku Support 

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos